XDCAM is a series of products for digital recording using random access solid-state memory media, introduced by Sony in 2003. Four different product lines – the XDCAM SD, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX and XDCAM HD422 – differ in types of encoder used, frame size, container type and in recording media.
The XDCAM range includes cameras and decks which act as drop-in replacements for traditional VTRs allowing XDCAM discs to be used within a traditional videotape-based workflow. These decks can also serve as random access computer hard drives for easy import of the video data files into non-linear editing systems (NLE) via FireWire (IEEE 1394) and Ethernet. If your XDCAM file is broken, you’d better repaire your XDCAM file for importing into NLEs. However, still some people can’t import their repaired XDCAM file into NLEs.
Best Program to Rewrap repaired XDCAM file for NLEs
Some NLE like FCP can import XDCAM codec video. Since Final Cut Pro comes bundled with XDCAM codecs, you can just use directly the repaired files in your project. But for other NLEs like Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas Pro, Edius etc, you need rewrap your XDCAM file to NLEs editable formats. In thise case, you can use a software – Pavtube Video Converter for Mac to transcode XDCAM file to NLEs friendly editing-format. With it, you can convert repaired XDCAM file to popular NLEs including Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas Pro, Edius etc for smooth editing in NLEs. (Read review)
More features of Pavtube Video Converter for Mac
- Convert XDCAM to Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas Pro, Edius supported video
- Convert XDCAM to PS3, PS4, mobile phones, Android, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV and other popular end devices.
- Basic video editing functions: split, merge, trim, crop, add watermark, adjust video effect, edit audio and insert subtitles.
- Lossless Conversion: Convers any video files without the risk of losing its original quality.
- Allow you to complete the conversion process with three simple clicks.
- Compatible with macOS Sierra, El Capitan Yosemite, Mavericks, Lion.
Free download this XDCAM video converter for Mac
How to Use the program to Convert repaired XDCAM into major NLE supported video?
Step 1: Install and launch the Sony XDCAM Converter for Mac. Click the Add Video button to import XDCAM video files.
Step 2: Go to “Format” to select your NLE format. For example, “Avid Media Composer” > “Avid DHxHD (*.mov)”, “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas Pro” > “MPEG-2(*.mpg)”, “MPEG-4 Movie(*.mp4)” for Edius etc.
Tip: If you want to set some parameters for the output profile, you could click the “Settings” button to set the output bitrate, encode, frame rate, resolution, sample rate, channels, etc.
Step 3: When the former steps finished, you can press “Convert” button to start transcoding Sony XDCAM files to QuickTime MOV for work natively on Mac OS X including Lion and Mountain Lion.
After the successful conversion, you can easily transfer Sony XDCAM video to Mac for editing in editors perfectly.
- How to Load/Convert Sony XDCAM Footage to Final Cut Pro?
- How to import XDCAM MXF/IMX files into After Effects CS4/CS5/CS6?
- Best Way to Work Sony XDCAM EX MP4 with Avid Media Composer
- Best Way to Work Sony XDCAM EX MP4 with FCP 7
- Working with Sony XDCAM IMX media in Final Cut Pro, Avid, iMovie, Premiere Pro