Since Apple released the iPad 1st generation on April 3, 2010, it keeps to shock users’ eyes with continuous updates. Now the new iPad Air 2 will be a solid choice for you to play videos anywhere. However, transferring videos to iPad could be a big headache. Mostly, those issues are caused by the incompatibility of media file formats with iPad Air 2. This guide aims to tell you how to watch any videos on iPad Air 2.
News about iPad Air 2 is everywhere, just like iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus. The iPad Air 2 is Apple’s latest iPad tablet: its top-end, flagship tablet device. It is just like a portable TV, which can help us enjoy any movies at any time ant where. While it is a pity that some incompatible videos cannot be accepted by iPad tablets, such like Flash videos, XAVC files, etc.
iPad Air 2 supported video formats:
- H.264 video format: Up to 1080p, 60 frames/second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
- MPEG-4 video format: Up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 x 480 pixels, 30 frames/second with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps/ channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
- Motion JPEG: Up to 35 Mbps, 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 frames/second audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
iPad Air 2 supported audio formats:
- AAC and HE-AAC (bitrate from 8 to 320 Kbps)
- Protected AAC (DRM copy protection used on the iTunes Store)
- MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps) and MP3 VBR
- Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+)
- ALAC (Apple Lossless), AIFF and WAV
To make videos compatible with iPad Air 2, Pavtube Video Converter should be your first choice since it can convert any videos to iPad Air 2 supported formats. Compare with many other such video conversion tools, you will find this software is much powerful. Conversion could be easily achieved, but to keep the high quality will be much more difficult. Most such tools will supply new videos with much quality loss, but never will this Video Converter. If you are Mac users, you can choose the corresponding Pavtube Video Converter for Mac.
How to make videos compatible with iPad Air 2?
Step 1: Launch the Video Converter on your PC, and then click the “Add video” button to import your video files directly. In order to import several files at one time, you can click “Add from folder” button. Drag and drop files are also available.
Step 2: Click the “Format” bar to get the drop-down menu and you can choose “iPad>>iPad Video H.264 (*.mp4)” as best output format. For other types of iPad, you can choose the output format according to the specific device.
Step 3: Most of you guys must have the desire of a further editing with your output videos, right? On the main interface, “Edit” is waiting for you. “Trim” to decide where to start and where to end, “Crop” to cut some unwanted clips, “Subtitles” to add some explanations to your audience. If you think there is no necessary to do so, you can totally skip this step and move on to the next.
Step 4: Before converting, you can watch the video in the preview window. If you are satisfied with the result, it’s not too late to hit the “Convert” button.
Conclusion: After converting, you can get the generated files by clicking “Open” button. Now, you can transfer any video files with iPad Air 2 flawlessly with the best viewing experience. It’s easy and it’s indeed of great convenience, right?