Windows Media Player (WMP) is an application that comes pre-installed on Windows PCs. WMP is designed to play audio and video files. However, when you open an FLV file the player may give you a warning message saying that it doesn’t recognize the file extension.
Windows Media Player won’t play FLV files troubleshooting:
- When I try to play FLV in Windows Media Player, it won’t play my .flv files — no video, just sound, and Media Player will hang trying to exit.
- I downloaded a video of the FLV format from keepvid and when it went to Windows Media Player it did not work since and could not play and I got a message saying that windows media player cannot play FLV files.
- My Windows Media Player 11 won’t play files with .FLV extension even when the appropriate codec is installed: my windows media player just won’t play anything that has an .flv extension; it keeps saying “Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.”
- When try to add the FLV to Windows Media Player for playing, the MP4 file type isn’t recognized by the Media Player and therefore isn’t added to the Media Library.
- Some of my FLV video can play in WMP, while other of my FLV won’t play in Windows Media Player 12.
What’s wrong? That’s mainly because FLV files are not natively supported by WMP. To solve “FLV won’t played on Windows Media Player”, you can simply convert FLV to Windows Media Player (12) highly compatible WMV or AVI videos.
Excellent FLV to Windows Media Player Video Converter
Pavtube Video Converter is just the right FLV to Windows Media Player converter which can convert all kinds of FLV files to WMP supported video formats like WMV, AVI, ASF and MPG. Moreover, this software can convert other Windows Media Player unsupported formats like FLV, MP4, MOV, MKV, VOB, H.265, 3GP, AVCHD, OGG, M4A, M4R and more to WMP supported video or audio format. Check an example of converting FLV to WMV on Windows.
Make Preparation: Run FLV Windows Media Player Converter
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
– Softonic Download: http://pavtube-video-converter.en.softonic.com/
How to Convert FLV to Windows Media Player Format?
Step 1. Add Windows Media Player unrecognized FLV video
Click the “File” button to import the FLV files to this FLV WMP Converter. Or simply drag and drop the FLV video to the main window of this program.
Step 2. Choose ouput format for Windows Media Player
Click the “Format” drop-down button to select WMP supported WMV, ASF as output profile from “Common Video” or “HD Video” Category.
Step 3. Convert FLV to Windows Media Player format
Click the “Convert” button to start the FLV to Windows Media Player format conversion; it will be finished with fast speed and great output quality.
You can reference top FLV Video Players
1. VLC Player
The VLC media player has been widely used in Mac (mountain lion included) and Windows platform. Many people like to use it to play their media files mainly because the cross-platform media player supports almost all video and audio formats. So it’s obviously the best choice of FLV media players.
RealPlayer is a universal media player that can play all formats of videos and can automatically recognize the video or audio format you want to play. The most popular audio and video file formats are supported including .avi, .mp4, .mp3, .wma, .wav, .flv, MPEG, etc. Rather than merely letting you watch movies, there are enhanced options to share those videos through cloud. Then, you would be able to access those files from the device you want, anytime. Even though the free version offers standard features, it seems okay for us to get the premium version by spending $4.99 per month, given that you get a storage space of 365 GB. So, if you have good internet connection in all the devices, RealPlayer is worth a try.
3. DivX Player
DivX Player is actually meant for HQ Video playback and cross-device streaming of your media files. Don’t get confused about the name, DivX Player support popular video formats such as FLV, AVI, MKV & MP4 along with DIVX. The in-built Media Server feature in the bundle of DivX Player lets you stream media to various devices if they have DLNA support. But its Installer pretty much tricks you into installing malware, adware type programs etc… Read each page carefully before you click next & carefully unselect items.
4. Zoom Player
Zoom Player can be considered as one of the most powerful and flexible solution to window users where a customized media center is available for user access so that he/she can enjoy audio tracks easily. The zoom player has been recently launched with 12 Italian language pack and you can download this software directly to your personal computer. Even its advanced options are not particularly well organised and take some getting used to. But it still can be a nice FLV player.
- How to Convert FLV to QuickTime for Playing?
- Enjoy the Downloaded FLV Videos on Your Big Screen TV?
- Convert PowerDirector file to YouTube supported video for uploading
- AVI Files Won’t Uploaded to YouTube, Solved!
- Upload Phantom 4 Pro/DJI Inspire 2 4K video to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram