In 2016 WWDC, Apple announces to rename its Mac OS to “macOS” and the new macOS in 2016 will be called macOS Sierra. However, a big challenge for video converter installed on your Mac if you upgrade to macOS Sierra as many video converters for Mac fail to support macOS Sierra in a very short time. While you are scrambling to update Mac OS X, don’t forget to bring video converter for macOS Sierra up to date.
A raft of video converting software for macOS Sierra has some catching up to do to truly fit in on macOS Sierra. Don’t waste your time, look at our review of best video converter for macOS Sierra here and learn how to convert video on macOS Sierra of H.265 MXF MKV FLV MTS Tivo AVI etc. to any other video audio formats, and macOS Sierra compatible formats MOV MP4 M4V quickly without losing quality for playing video with QuickTime on macOS, edit video in iMovie, Final Cust, add video to iTunes to transfer to iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV etc.
The reruirements of the top video converter for macOS Sierra:
1.Support dozens of video file formats with different codecs
2.Fast conversion speed
3.Clean and safe
4.Simple clear interface
5.Support macOS Sierra and all Mac versions
Top 3 macOS Sierra Video Converter Review
No 1. Pavtube Video Converter for Mac(highly recommend)
Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is the first Mac video converter updated to support macOS Sierra and deserves the title of best video converter for macOS Sierra. It helps convert video movie files on macOS Sierra in amazing fast speed, without taking up too much CPU and influencing other applications running at the same time, thanks to Intel Quick Sync Video hardware acceleration. There’s no noticeable video quality loss in the output file.
The video converter for macOS Sierra can convert among various video formats (support SD/HD/4K/2D/3D), for example, convert FLV to MP4, MP4 to MOV, AVI to MP4, MKV to MP4, H.264 to H.265, MTS to MOV, video to Apple ProRes, MP4 to MP3, MOV to AAC etc.. In addition, it’s the easiest video converter for macOS Sierra to use and requires no plugin, just add video file, choose video format and start conversion.
No 2. Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac
Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac can convert 4K/HD/SD videos to regular formats & devices & editing tool on macOS Sierra. With the built-in High Quality Engine and De-interlacing Engine, it will output highest image quality after the video conversion. Built-in preset editors, it enables you to customize video & audio parameters, e.g. codecs, resolution, bitrate, frame rate and edit videos by cutting, joining, rotating and adding subtitles.
Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac performs basic tasks with a simple interface so that you can learn how to use it with no effort at all. On the bottom, all the output formats are presented, containing general videos and audios, formats for mobiles and webs.
No 3. Any Video Converter
Equipped with video editing tools and a media player, you can trim, crop, rotate videos, add subtitles for videos, preview videos and customize video parameters as well. Any Video Converter offers a very simple way to free transfer online videos to popular video formats, such as AVI, WMV, MOV and so on, and DVD/audio profiles. Certainly, it can output video formats supported by plentiful portable devices, iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Sony PSP etc. But, it doesn’t support comprehensive device models, such as latest Samsung Galaxy Note, iPhone etc.
Any Video Converter Free is not totally stand-alone that AVG PC TuneUP will be installed by default if you don’t select custom during installation. The other point you may dislike that message to upgrade free edition to ultimate version will be shown once conversion is completed.
Comparison of the Best 3 Video Converters for macOS Sierra
|Top macOS Sierra Video Converter||Pavtube Video Converter for Mac||Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac||Any Video Converter for Mac|
|Supported Input Format|
|Common Video||MOV FLV MP4 H.265 Tivo MKV AVI MXF MTS etc||MOV FLV MP4 H.265 Tivo MKV AVI MXF MTS etc||AVI MPEG WMV MP4 FLV etc|
|Supported Output Format|
|4K H.265 MP4||√||√||√|
|4K H.265 MKV||√||√||×|
|Apple TV preset||√||√||√|
|FCP/iMovie/Premiere Pro/Avid MC||√||√||√|
MOV: Using the special compression algorithm developed by Apple’s Mac, MOV is a very common multimedia format often used for saving movies and other video files, compatible with both Macintosh and Windows platforms. It is the born video format for QuickTIme of Mac.
Tip : What Are the Best Video Formats for Mac Computer?
Not all Mac supported video formats can be called the best video formats for Mac, but the following three surely can:
- MP4: MP4, as an abbreviated term for MPEG-4 Part 14, is an international standard that has more support. It is a container format, allowing a combination of audio, video, subtitles and still images to be held in the one single file. It also allows for advanced content such as 3D graphics, menus and user interactivity. MP4 files are supported by many video programs and various hardware devices, Sony PSP and various DVD players, most DirectShow/Video for Windows codec packs.
- M4V: M4V video file format is developed by Apple Inc., who uses it to flag as a video file and attach it to iTunes, by encoding TV episodes, movies, and music videos in the iTunes Store under official DRM copy protection; therefore, put it in other way, the copy-protected Apple video using FairPlay DRM copyright protection on the basis of MPEG-4 AVC video compression. It can be played directly by QuickTime Player, VLC, and some other HD video players.
Read More Reviews:
- top 10 video converter for windows
- top 5 best MXF video converter
- top 5 MTS/M2TS video converter review
- top 5 Mac video converter review
- top best Sony XAVC/XAVC S Video Converter Review
- best HD video converter for mac
- best H.265 Video Converter Review
- top 5 video editor review
Read Related Guides: