MP4 is a multimedia container format standard specified as a part of MPEG-4. It is most commonly used to store digital video and digital audio streams, as well as other data such as subtitles and still images and Windows Movie Maker doesn’t recognize it natively. In this article we will introduce how to import MP4 to Windows Movie Maker without downloading the MP4 codec for Windows Movie Maker.
If you want to directly open MP4 in Windows Movie Maker, you will be frustrated for WMM not supporting MP4 format. There are some formats supported by Windows Movie Maker, such as .WMV, .asf, .AVI, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpv2, and .wm. Have you found MP4? No! In order to solve MP4 and Windows Movie Maker incompatible issues, you’d better turn MP4 to Windows Movie Maker supported formats first instead of downloading the MP4 codec for Windows Movie Maker which may be complicated to users.
Then, Pavtube Video Converter will be the best solution here. With this ideal MP4 to Windows Movie Maker Converter, you can convert MP4 to WMM most compatible format like WMV, AVI easily and fast. The video quality won’t be reduced through conversion. This powerful video converter also can convert other videos including MKV, AVI, MOV, MXF, MTS, Torrent file and various videos to Windows Movie Maker and others like Vegas Pro, Pinnacle Studio, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie and more NLE supported format on Windows (Windows 10 included). Besides, with its built-in editor, you can crop, trim, add effects, subtitles to your MP4 files as you need.
Download the tool and follow the guide below, you will be able to turn MP4 to Windows Movie Maker recognized formats in few minutes.
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
– Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
Turn MP4 to WMV, AVI for importing in Windows Movie Maker
Step 1: Add MP4 files
Install and launch the MP4 Video Converter, and then click “Add video” button to import your MP4 files to the software. If you wanna combine MP4 video clips into one file, you can click the “Merge into one file” box.
Step 2: Select output format
Just go to “Format” bar to choose WMV format in “HD Video” or “Common Video” column. (AVI is also an editable format for Windows Movie Maker.)
Step 3: Convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker
Click the “Start conversion” button under the preview window, the converter will start encoding MP4 clips for importing to Windows Movie Maker.
More helpful features of the MP4 to Windows Movie Maker Converter:
1.Settings- Click it to customize audio and video parameters Video Codec, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels.
2. Editor (next to “Add video” icon)- Click to set add watermark, deinterlace, trim, crop, add subtitles, etc.
Soon after the conversion is finished, just click “Open” button to get the converted MP4 files for edit in Windows Movie Maker perfectly.
To import MP4 files into Windows Movie Maker
1. Click File, and then click Import Media Items.
2. Navigate to the location that contains the digital media files you want to import, and then click Import.
- How to Properly Reduce MP4 File Size without Much Loss in Quality?
- How to Easily Convert WMV to MP4 on Mac and Windows?
- Top 5 Video Converters to Convert Videos to MP4 on Mac OS X (El Capitan Included)
- How to Convert Canon MVI to AVI quickly?
- Convert and Import XviD/Divx to iMovie on Mac OS X (Including El Capitan)