With so many small but powerful set-up box and gears, which one to choose has become a headache problem. Here this Xbox 360 has stood out as one of the best boxes to make its users impressed. No long bubble talk about how wonderful this tool is , here we want to dig in this article is about how to break the format support limitation, and extend Xbox 360 to a all-round one which can play almost all the HD videos and your favorite TV shows via Xbox 360. While Xbox 360 cannot accept all HD videos, such as MKV to Xbox, AVI to Xbox, etc.
Before doing the file formats transcode thing, you should figure out whether your video files are supported by Xbox 360 or not.
- File Extensions: AVI, DIVX, WMV, MP4, M4V, MP4V, MOV
- Music Formats: WMA7/8, WMA9 Pro (stereo and 5.1), WMA Lossless, AAC, MP3, Dolby Digital
- Music File Extensions: WMA, MP3, AAC
Part I : Stream Windows Media Player to Xbox 360
After figure out whether your files can be supported or not , you can go to the next step – Stream any HD videos , TV shows, music from PC to Xbox 360. Here are four ways for you to choose.
1. Windows Media Center
3. Windows Home Server
The method of playing videos on Xbox requires Windows Media Player 12 (Windows 7) or 11 (Windows Vista). Here is how to set to work:
In Windows Media Player 12, click the Stream menu and then select ‘Turn on media streaming’.
1. In the pop-up dialog, click ‘Turn on media streaming’.
2. Name your media library and click OK.
For Window Media Player 11, ‘go to Library>Media Sharing’.
In order to enjoy your media on your Xbox 360, you should then follow these steps:
1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Media, and select the media type you want to play.
2. Select the name of your computer and then press the A button. If a media source is already selected, press X to select a different media source.
3. Select the item you want to play or view.
Now you can play videos and music on Xbox streamed from another PC.
Part II: Unsupported format streaming way –from PC to Xbox 360
Above are the streaming ways that only for those compatible videos, but for those unsupported formats, what can we do? The best way is to make them loved by Xbox 360. Pavtube Video Converter can simply handle those rare codec like XAVC, XAVC-S, H.265 or some other formats that common used but just can’t be supported like MKV, FLV, MTS, etc.
Simple working steps as below:
Step 1. Launch Video Converter on your PC. Click “File”>”Add Video/Audio” to load your files.
Step2. Choose “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” as your output format.
Step3. Start to convert your videos for Xbox
This all-in-one converter can handle almost all the file formats exist in the market. If you forget to set the file location, just click “Open output folder” to check your converted files.