Summary: So many people are confuses on how to get the best video footage for editing in GoPro Studio, here we give the solution, about the GoPro Studio itself and the best support video footage for GoPro Studio.
About GoPro Studio
Here I would like to show some more details on GoPro Studio, for the Canon, Nikon users, for whom interested in GoPro Studio.
GoPro Studio software makes it easier than ever to create professional-quality videos with your GoPro content. It would take taken your most popular videos and turned them into GoPro Edit Templates that help fast-track you to an incredible edit. The music, edit points, slow motion effects and more have been dialed—all you have to do is replace our video clips with yours. Or if you want to create your edits from scratch, you can do that too. Trim and mix clips. Adjust video playback speed for fast or slow motion. Add titles, music, audio tracks and more. It’s never been easier to make epic GoPro-style videos to share with your friends.
Limitation of importing video into GoPro Studio
Although the GoPro Studio software is powerful enough, part of the users still have the importing issues on it. According to the GoPro official website we know that it have the strict limit for importing. As it shows in the below:
- Make sure that you are not trying to import the footage directly from an SD card. First copy the files to a folder on your computer.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Quicktime installed.
- Next, make sure that there are no non-English characters in the name of the the file being imported, or the folder path where the file is saved.
- Do not rename the file(s) prior to importing into GoPro Studio.
- Make sure that you are trying to import the file into the correct “Room”. GoPro Studio will not allow you to import the wrong file type into the wrong Room.
All files, including MP4 files generated by GoPro cameras, should only be imported into the Step 1: Import Room.
Files which have already been converted into GoPro Cineform AVI or MOV files, should only be imported into the Step 2: Edit Room.
- If you have confirmed that you are trying to import your files into the correct room, try playing the files with QuickTime Player or Windows Media Player to confirm that the files are not damaged.
- If your MP4 files still don’t import into the Step 1: IMPORT Room, make sure that they were not processed through some other application or import method, like iPhoto or iMovie. Files processed through iPhoto or iMovie are modified by those applications to the point where GoPro Studio doesn’t recognize them as GoPro camera footage. In this case copy the files directly from the SD card to your computer and then import into GoPro Studio.
- If your files are stored on an external drive, try copying your files to an internal drive and then import into Studio.
- Try creating a new project and then import.
How to get your best footage and edit in GoPro Studio
As the powerful the GoPro Studio is, you have satisfied with the GoPro Studio, you would like to edit all your camera video clips in GoPro Studio, now you just want to search for a professional video tool can help you import all the video you have recorded or the video you have get into GoPro Studio. Here you come to the right place, a professional video tools are recommended for you. Pavtube Video Converter for Mac(read the review), it can convert the video from any camera, or the other GoPro Studio unsupported video into it best supported MP4 or MOV files.
In face, Pavtube Video Converter can convert almost all video and audio formats from one to another, including MOV, MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, MKV, MPG, TiVo, MTS, M2TS, MXF, RM, RMVB, FLV, etc. With this Video Converter software, you can also enjoy your favorite video on almost all popular portable devices anywhere and anytime, like iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy S4, Kindle Fire, and more.
Hot Search: Mix MXF to Multi-track MOV | H.265 to QuickTime MOV | AVCHD/MTS/M2TS/M2T/TS to QuickTime MOV
If you are a 100 percent windows user, please turn to Pavtube Video Converter, it has the same powerful ability as Mac version. In the rest of the article I will show you the step by step guide of how to solve video cannot imported into GoPro Studio, in other word, the simple toturial will be showed. Just choose the right version and start your non-issue importing and editing with GoPro Studio.
Step by step on how to get best video footage for edit in GoPro Studio
Step 1. Transfer files from camera to Mac computer.
As we mentioned above, GoPro Studio are not supported directly imported from SD card. You should plug in your camera to the computer with the memory card inside via the USB cable, turn on the camera, then you can find your files, copy and parse them on your Mac hard drive.
Step 2: Input video files.
From “File” drop-down menu, select “Add Video/Audio” to import files to the software for conversion.
Step 3: Specify output file format.
Click “Format” bar, from its drop-down selection, define “MOV – QuickTime (*.mov)” as the output profile format.
Step 4: Transcode files to QuickTime MOV format.
Carry out video to QuickTime Conversion process by clicking the right-bottom “Convert” button.
When the conversion is over, click “Open” on the main interface to locate the converted files to transfer and import into the GoPro Studio without any problem.
Pavtube Media Magician / Mac Version: A nice camcorder assistant manager, lossless camcorder video joiner, MTS/ M2TS/ MXF/ MOV/ MKV/ TiVo/ WMV/ AVI/ MPG converter and editor. Meamwhile it supported upload edited video to YouTube directly.