VLC is the most popular open source media player on the internet. It plays broken files, incomplete files and virtually every file format out there, including MOV files. There’s no reason not to use VLC. Though VLC supporting playing MOV files, sometimes cannot played on VLC. Have you tried playing a .mov file on your VLC and it cannot play? I am sure you have encountered with some files. Let me shade some light if you are still in the dark if your VLC cannot play such format. Since MOV files was developed by Apple computer it has it consists of Apple graphics codec that is not compatible with all media players.
There are a number of solutions to this. You can either install a media player that is compatible with this codec or you can you use the fantastic Wondershare app called Pavtube Video Converter (Read Review). This lets you convert MOV files to a compatible format in which you can play it via Quick Time. You can play .mov files using the Mac version (read review) or using the windows version.
* Professional – Convert MOV to VLC friendly playing-format like H.264 MP4.
Powerful – Convert MOV, MP4, MKV, H.265, FLV, MXF, AVCHD etc to VLC format.
* 250+ formats of video and audio – You can now convert video of any kind; whether it is high definition of standard format.
* Convert at high speeds – Get your video converted in the shortest time, with speeds ranging up to 6X.
* Maintains video quality – Even though your videos will be converted at high speeds, the quality will not be compromised since there is no compression going on.
* Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP
Free download the best MOV to VLC Video Converter:
Make Preparation: Run Pavtube Video Converter
Step 1. Import MOV video
Click the “Add File” button to add MOV files which are not playable in VLC player to this VLC Converter app.
Step 2. Set VLC supported format
Click the “Format” drop-down button to select VLC supported video format from “CommonVideo” Category or “HD Video” Category.
Step 3. Convert MOV to VLC Format
Click the “Convert” button to start and finish converting MP4 to VLC more supported format to successfully play MP4 in VLC.
Can’t Play MOV files with Plex App on Samsung TV? – Solved
Why I can’t play my .wmv files on Vizio TV?
Windows Media Player supported formats – Play videos on Windows Media Player 12/11
Compress and Convert 4K video to iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus
Convert MPG to AVI on Windows 10/macOS Sierra