Consumer virtual reality is finally here. Do you get a Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, PS VR or a Daydream view? No matter which VR headsets you invest, you won’t only want to play 3D games with them. Watching some 3D films at home will be also attractive. You can download 3D YIFY video, 3D YouTube video to enjoy. You also can convert your old 2D video to 3D SBS video for your vairous VR devices.
Are you interested in this production? Take Easy. Now, let’s start instruct you how to convert 2D video to 3D on Windows 10 step by step.
Step 1: Prepare a 2D to 3D Video Converter Tool
There are many VR video converter on the market. I strongly recommend Pavtube Video Converter. It acts as the best 3D video maker for Windows 10 users to fulfill the needs without hardly a glitch. The real strength rests in its simplicity, which takes the hassle out of 2D to 3D conversion on Windows PC (including Windows 10 and Windows 8.1) while yielding high-quality result.
- Convert 2D MKV to 3D MP4, 2D MKV to 3D MKV, 2D MP4 to 3D MKV, 2D MP4 to 3D MP4, 2D TS to 3D MP4, 2D MOV to 3D MP4, 2D AVI to 3D MP4, etc.
- Transcode 3D MKV, 3D MP4, 3D MOV, 3D AVI, 3D WMV, 3D Tivo to 2D MKV, 2D MP4, 2D AVI, 2D MOV, etc.
- Create 3D movies out of 3D content in 5 different 3D video formats: MKV, MP4, MOV, WMV and AVI for multiple 3D media players like HTC Vive, PS VR, Daydream VR, Oculus Rift CV1, Samsung Gear VR, etc.
- Convert 3D video to 2D popular editing software like Premiere Pro, After Effect CC, Sony Vegas Pro, Davinci Resolve, Windows Movie Maker, FCP, iMovie etc
- Edit videos with the great video editing functions like trimming, cropping, adding subtitle, etc.
- Capable of accelerating the video encoding and decoding speed with the advanced NVIDIA CUDA technology and AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP)
Step 2: Import 2D Video Source: 2D MKV, 2D MP4, 2D TS, 2D MXF …
Download and launch the best 2D to 3D Video Converter on Windows. Click the button “Add video” to add 2D MP4, 2D VOB, 2D MP4, 2D AVI, 2D FLV, etc video files to it. You also can simply drag and drop the 2D video from the folder to the interface of the 2D-3D converter to load the video to the software. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Step 3: Choose 3D Format to output
Click “Format” and you can select “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mp4)”, “MKV Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mkv)”, “MOV Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mov)”, “WMV Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.wmv)”, or “AVI Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.avi)” from “3D Video” category as the output format. Then set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
You have to know which 3D format your VR Headsets supports then choose the compatible one in the profile. Read >> 3D Movie on VR Headset Playback Guides, Tips and Solutions
Tip: Click Settings to adjust the parameters like video codec, video bitrate, video frame rate, audio sample rate, audio channel. 1920×1080 compressed side-by-side 3D should be resampled to 1920×540 resolution full side-by-side resolution.
Sep 3: Save 2D video to 3D video.
Click the the “Convert” button at the bottom right corner; it will make 3D SBS video from 2D source on Windows 10 immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface. After the short 2D to 3D movie conversion, you can get the output file effortlessly.