Nowadays, mature supporting devices like 3D glasses, 3D TV/monitor, 3D projector, VR headsets, 3D players will offer more ways to watch 3D movies not limited to theater. You can view 3D movies easily via VR headset like popular VR Box. Luckily on YouTube, there is already a large amount of VR content to view on the VR Box headset. The easiest way to find this is to search for ‘Cardboard VR’ or ‘VR 3D’. If possible always try to go for 1080P content and above as I found that this provides the best experience.
But not all movies are accepted by VR Box . It only supports 3D movies in special format like SBS MP4 movies. To make 3D movies on VR Box, you will accordingly first convert 2D films to 3D in supported format by your VR Box and other 3D glassess and other 3D devices, 3D TV, 3D projector etc.
Choose a Proper 2D to 3D Converter for VR Box
As a professional 3D video converter, Pavtube Video Converter can help users to convert 2D/3D videos to VR Box playable 3D SBS MP4/MKV video effortlessly. Besides, it also supports converting 2D movie files in AVI, MKV, WMV, MPG, VOB, MOV, etc to a decent format which are accepted by VR headsets like VR Box, Gear VR, VR One, Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, etc. What’s more, with the built-in editor, you can trim, flip, adjust special effect, add watermark to your 3D video, so that you get the very part and effects at your will. If you are a Mac user, you can turn to Pavtube Video Converter for Mac. Download the program to start the 3D movies to VR Box conversion task.
|Free download this powerful Pavtube Video Converter|
Process from converting movies to VR Box supported movie
Step 1. Load movie files
Run the VR Box video converter program and load your source video files 3D MKV into it. You can either click “Add file” button or directly drag and drop the files into this program.
Step 2. Decide output format
Tap on “Format” bar and find “3D”, there are a lot of format options for you. “MP4” is recommended for VR Box.
Tip: Click Settings to adjust the parameters like video codec, video bitrate, video frame rate, audio sample rate, audio channel. 1920×1080 compressed side-by-side 3D should be resampled to 1920×540 resolution full side-by-side resolution. And keep audio in AAC or MP3. (You can read detailed 3D VR spec serttings)
Step 5. Start converting movies to VR Box
Click “Convert” button to start converting 2D/3D movies to VR Box friendly 3D SBS video. After the conversion, you can get the resulted videos by clicking the Open button.
PS: I’ve listed some of the best free VR games and apps below:
- Insidious VR (free): This is essentially a trailer for the horror film Insidious where you can look around in 3D.
- Galaxy VR (free demo): A space shooter game where you control a fighter ship from the cockpit.
- Cardboard Camera by Google (free): A selection of 360 degrees photos that you can look through by turning your head.
- Deep Space VR (free): You control a space gun shooting where you headset looks.
- Star VR Racer (free): A Tron-like platformer where you avoid crashing as the game speeds up.
- Top 5 Free VR Players for Mac – Popular and Acclaimed
- Watch 3D movies on DayDream VR
- Convert 3D videos to SBS 3D MP4 for Playing on 3D TV
- Edit & Convert 3D MTS files-the best tool to handle 3D MTS files