When you are converting an AVI file to MPEG-2 for Mac and Windows platforms, the following free AVI to MPEG-2 converter will give you options to think about.
Why need convert AVI to MPEG-2? The reason is mainly that MPEG 2 is one of the best DVD formats and is convenient playback on popular players. How to convert AVI to MPEG-2 with high aulity? A great AVI to MPEG 2 converter is strongly recommended to you.
Pavtube Video Converter for Mac does a better job than any other video converters out there. In fact, it was created with an efficient and astounding algorithm that lets you convert your favorite AVI files to the popular MPEG-2 format UP TO 90% FASTER with ZERO LOSS of image quality than your current video converter. The magic is based on the iSkysoft program utilizing both your CPU and GPU to save you precious time, while the original audio and video quality is preserved because the software keeps the underlining codec unchanged. And you can check here to get detailed guide on how to convert AVI videos to MPEG-2.(Read Review)
Free download this best AVI to MPEG-2 video converter for Mac:
Free download this best AVI to MPEG-2 video converter for Windows:
Easy guide on converting AVI to MPEG–2 with Pavtube Video Converter for Mac
Note: Windows user can use Pavtube Video Converter to convert AVI to MPEG-2, and the steps are same with Mac version.
Step 1. Load original AVI files
Click “Add File” button on the main interface to load your AVI encoded files to the program. (Drag & Drop function is included.)
Step 2. Choose MPEG-2 format
Click "Format"> "Coomon Video" or "Adobe Premiere/"Sony Vegas Pro" to select the MPEG-2 format. The powerful video converter also provide you various video and audio formats. You can easily find your desire format.
Step 3. Start encoding AVI to MPEG-2
Finally, hit the “Convert” button at the bottom of the main interface to start the conversion. It will automatically convert AVI video to MPEG-2 video file. After the conversion, click “Open” to quickly find the converted video.
Now you can use the converted video to play on DVD player, Blu-ray player and more players. Have a try!
Introduction to AVI and MPEG-2
- AVI is the short form for Audio Video Interleave which is designed to save audio and video data and make them play simultaneous. AVI format is created by Microsoft in November 1992 and has become one of the most popular video formats under Windows system.
- MPEG stands for the Moving Picture Experts Group, the common file extensions of MPEG are .mpg and .mpeg. The MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 is a lossy compressed format. MPEG-1 is used to encode progressively scanned video at bit rates up to about 1.5 Mbit/s. MPEG-1 can be played on CD. MPEG-2 is more advanced than MPEG-2, which is designed to produce broadcast formats at higher data rates. The wider range of bit rates can create multichannel surround sound. MPEG-2 can be played with various CD players.
- Convert MPG to AVI on Windows 10/macOS Sierra
- Convert HD/4K AVI videos to PS4 Pro format on macOS Sierra
- Easy way to Convert AVI to MP3 on Mac (Including macOS Sierra)
- Can not play avi and wmv files on WD TV
- Top 4 Best MKV to MP4 Converter for macOS Sierra Review