MTS is a High-definition MPEG Transport Stream video format, commonly called “AVCHD”; created by Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Canon and other HD camcorders. And the MTS format bases on the MPEG-2 transport stream and supports 720p, 1080i, 1080p HD video formats.
If you fail to import MTS videos to Final Cut Express, it’s not surprising since only Final Cut Express 4 and the latter version supports MTS format (but not in the trial version). >> What the best supported format of Final Cut Express.
In the end, you may need to find a way to convert your MTS file format to compatible one for your Final Cut Express if Final Cut Express is not workable with mts files.
By Google search, you may find various Mac MTS converter in the market now, but sometimes too much options just make people confused about which one to choose. Here I’d like to recommend an excellent MTS converter called MTS to FCP Video Converter for Mac is strongly recommended. Named Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac (Best MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac Review) which is designed to convert MTS to any other popular video or audio format at high fast conversion speed and excellent output quality. No matter you are an expert or novice, you could easily use it for its intuitive interface.
See Also:MP4 to FCE | XAVC S to FCE
Free download, it is 100% clean and safe:
- Three simple clicks to convert MTS videos to Final Cut Pro compatible formats.
- Aside from FCP, you can directly convert MTS to iMovie, QuickTime, Windows Movie Maker and more video editors supported formats without additional settings.
- Edit your MTS videos before converting them. With the built-in editor, you can trim or crop your videos. And you are able to add subtitles and watermarks to the videos as well.
- Perfectly compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Now you can free download this MTS to FCE Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) Converter, install and run it, you will see the interface.
The following is a simple instruction of how to use this Pavtube Mac MTS/M2TS Converter:
Step 1: Add MTS files to the program
Click the “Add File” button to select the MTS videos from your hard drive to this program. To save your time, this program supports batch conversion so you can add multiple files at a time.
Step 2: Choose output format and specify output folder
Choose output format for your specific usage. For example in this case, from “Format” drop-down option, choose FCE best editing codec by selecting “iMovie and Final Cut Ex…” > “Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC)(*.mov). If you select all files and click Merge, you can join all imported mts files to one output video.
Step 3: Convert
Click “Convert” button to start conversion immediately. Few minutes later, you will get output video in your destination folder.
After converting MTS to Final Cut Express. workable formats you can easily import them to your Final Cut Express for editing. Hope you have a good editing experience.
If you are looking for AVCHD MTS/M2TS Converter for Windows, please click HERE.
– Final Cut Express is non-linear video editing application created by Apple Inc. It is the consumer version of Final Cut Pro and is designed for advanced editing digital video as well as high-definition video. But only Final Cut Express 4 and the latter version supports real-time editing in the MTS format (currently for Intel processors only).