Sony’s latest addition to its Action Cam line-up FDR-X1000V combines all the features experienced users have been waiting for. 4K picture quality is equal to that of current Hollywood blockbusters, the professional-grade XAVC S codec ensures beautiful footage with high bit rate recording, and handy features like the Highlight Movie Maker help you turn your shots into a mesmerizing masterpiece.
However some users said there was always something wrong happened to FCP X when trying to import Sony X1000V file into it. The FCP X window got grey for a long time until they force quit. Well, the reason to the problem is the GPU and CPU of your Mac may not have the ability to handle with Sony X1000V files. In this situation, I would suggest you to transcode Sony X1000V file to Apple ProRes 422 HQ(*.mov) format with 1080p. BTY, Apple Prores 422 HQ codec is developed by Apple Inc. and .mov format supports for multiple audio tracks, so Apple Prores 422 HQ(*.mov) format is fully supported by FCP X.
If you want to know more about Apple ProRes, please check Types of Apple ProRes Codecs, Apple ProRes Info & Tips,Apple ProRes Specifications.
Now if you get the help with Pavtube Video Converter for Mac(Windows Version), then you’ll be able to edit Sony X1000V file in FCP X during a coffee time.
Key Features about this Video Converter App
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X El Capitan, Yosemite.
- Perform Sony X1000V files to Apple Prores 422 HQ(*.mov) conversion in an amazingly speed.
- Additional video editor enables you to personalize Sony X1000V files before the conversion.
- Many more preset profiles have been prepared for you.
- Downgrade RED RAVEN film files to 1080p steadily.
– Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
How to Make Sony Action Cam X1000V Editable in FCP X
First of all, click “Add from folder” button in the main UI to browse and choose your Sony X1000V file or the content folder(the home directory).
For working with Sony X1000V files in FCP X, just click on the “Format” bar and follow “Final Cut Pro” to hit “Apple ProRes 422 HQ(*.mov)” as the right format.
Please click “Settings” to pop up “Profile Settings” window. You can resize Sony X1000V file by changing “Size(pix)” option to “1920*1080”.
Now, go back to main UI and hit on the big “Convert” button to start converting Sony X1000V files to Apple Prores 422 HQ(*.mov). When the conversion is finished, you can feel free to import and successfully work with Sony X1000V files in FCP X. Enjoy!
1. When converting Sony footage using Final Cut Pro oriented format templates(e.g. Apple Prores), please ensure that your computer has Final Cut Pro installed, otherwise the converted files will have audio only without image.
2. If you are using FCP X, please make sure you have installed?ProApps QuickTime Codecs, or you may get files with sound only without video.