FLV is a file format used by Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR to store and deliver synchronized audio and video streams over the Internet. There are two different FLV formats, F4V for H.264-based content and open FLV for other supported codecs. Though FLV files are common, it does not work with nearly all electronic devices. So you can convert FLV files to popular format like MP4 format. For your convenience, we put this guide together to show you how, whether you use Windows, or Mac OS X.
2 Ways to Convert FLV to computer supported MP4 format for playing FLV smoothly
Way 1: User Guide to Convert FLV to MP4 using VLC
1. Select FLV files to convert- on the screen of the program, you will see a menu tab for “media” which you will click to start browsing through the computer for videos to add. Make sure only files that you plan to convert are imported.
2. Assign output format- once the files have been imported and before they are converted, choose MP4 as the output format. This step plays more into assuring compatibility.
3. Start converting – click on the “start” button to put the conversion process underway. Depending on size of the file, it might take very short time.
Way 2: Easy Way to Convert FLV to MP4 using Pavtube Video Converter
Pavtube Video Converter (Pavtube Video Converter for Mac) is known as the derserable alternative solution for you, which is able to convert FLV to any formats you need. It is NO.1 FLV to MP4 video converter app. With it you can convert FLV to almost all the popular video format and convert between any file formats including FLV to TV (Samsung TV included), FLV to M3U8, FLV to QuickTime and more.
Free download this best FLV Video Converter
– Support FLV, AVI, MP4, H.265, MKV, MOV, MKV, MOV, MTS/M2TS and more.
3 Easy steps to convert FLV to MP4 with Pavtube Video Converter for playing FLV perfectly
Step 1. Put FLV files on FLV to MP4 converter
To import FLV files, you have two ways:
- Directly drag FLV files you want to add to this app.
- Click “File” > “Load Media Files” to add FLV file.
Step 2. Select output format
In the output format list, select your desire format like H.264 MP4 as the output format from “Common Video” or “HD Video”. You can choose any formats from various devices, NLEs, TVs etc.
Step 3. Start Converting
Hit the “Convert” button and your files conversion will begin immediately. When the conversion finishes, click "Open" to find the converted video files.
- Solve 4K 60 Mbps XAVC playback stutters/buffers on Plex
- Divx Player Won’t Play AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, Solved!
- 5 Best Free Video Player for Mac – Play Video on macOS Sierra
- Convert and Compress 4K Video for Playing on Android Phone/Tablet
- Play All unsupported audios on Sony PS4 Pro
- Best Handbrake Alternative for Windows 10
- Top 5 Free MP4 Video Converter Review